dance, puppet, visual poetry
+ 34 654 925 551
Filar is a piece of contemporary dance and visual poetry that speaks about the power of the relationship between bodies and objects, a relationship that develops from the distance of threads. How to feel the other body, that of a puppet, in this distance?
The story of Filar is that of a world that is built every day and, suddenly, falls apart. So when there is a crisis, how can we build community again and feel like we live in a web of threads and relationships?
The threads create an invisible connection between everything that happens, the threads unite us with our families, friends, or the people with whom we share paths. The threads maintain the connection in the distance.
PREMIERE: January 16, 2022 at LASALA Miguel Hernández de Sabadell (Barcelona)
- Choreography and performance Antonella D’Ascenzi
- Dance advice and live mapping Toni MIra
- Puppet and object manipulation advice Damiano Privitera
- Light Design Elena Piscitilli
- Costume design Cristina Robledillo
- Video animation and projection design Guillem Muñoz
- Music Adrián Berenguer.
Realization of objects and puppets Antonella D’Ascenzi
Photos Carles Decors, Hélio Mendes
- Recording of the piece Julian Waisbord
- Winning project of the #SOSCultura scholarship from the Carulla Foundation
- From the Agita Scholarship of the Figueres City Council
- from the OSIC Research and Innovation Grant – Generalitat de Catalunya
- of the TTP creation grant – Theater Association for all audiences
- Project selected for the «Progetto CANTIERE» of the Incanti di Torino Festival (Italy)
Research residency at the International Puppet Institute of Charleville-Mézièrs (France)
LaSala Miguel Hernandez of Sabadell (Catalonia)
Can Gassol, artistic residency center in Mataró (Catalonia)
Sala Melmac of the Mar Gómez Company in Barcelona
CLAPS Circuit, Brescia Italy